Elegant Display For Cake Pops That Can Be Carried Around?

Baking By mrswendel Updated 31 Jan 2013 , 3:57am by Norasmom

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 12:54am
post #1 of 5

Here is my dilemma:

I am doing heart shaped cake pops for a fundraising gala (120 of them).  The original plan was to display them using stacked decorated styrofoam dummies (like a wedding cake).  However, the event is now going to have tuxedoed waiters carrying around different food/beverages, including the cake pops.  So, I need some way to display the pops in a way that is easy to carry, easy to replenish and still looks high end.  Any ideas?

4 replies
denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 2:12am
post #2 of 5

Could you use a similar idea, like a 2 or 3 inch high round of styrofoam, whatever diameter would work for the servers?  You could use a decorative paper or fabric and/or ribbon on the outside edge and decorative paper or fabric on the top with holes in for the pops?

thebrat68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thebrat68 Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 2:29am
post #3 of 5

Design something like the old fashioned Cigarette box that Cigarette girls used to carry around their necks with Styrofoam in it to allow the cake pops to stand up.

ladyhawke917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyhawke917 Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 2:33am
post #4 of 5

How about a bowl or shallow vase with Styrofoam in it. Wrap it in a metallic foil with a ribbon around the neck. The pops could be stuck in the Styrofoam and the bowl could be carried on a tray. Just a thought.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 3:57am
post #5 of 5

How about a red ceramic container of some sort with styrofoam?  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%