Butter Cream Frosting And Fondant

Decorating By NaNaSkarda Updated 30 Jan 2013 , 8:53pm by leah_s

NaNaSkarda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NaNaSkarda Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 4

Please help,  I need to find out if i can frost a cake with butter cream frosting and then use cutout fondant shapes to decorate it?  Will the butter cream make the cutouts soft and cause them to run down the cake?

3 replies
Bbreland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bbreland Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 4

I don't see why it would be a problem. Ive had plenty of buttercream cakes with small fondant accents. i would recommend putting some buttercream on the back of your fondant shapes to make sure they stick, especially if its a crusting buttercream. 

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, you can use fondant cutout on b/c frosting. Let the cutouts set up just a little . Then apply after your b/c crusts . I used g/p showflakes on my sisters cake(buttercream iced) froze it and the snowflakes melted into the icing on the sides of the cake when it thawed . The ones on top did not. You can freeze b/c and or fondant cakes already decorated etc. You have to wrap them in a box, twice seran wrapped and then heavy foil wrapped and then take out 24 hrs. before serving and put in fridge and then right before serving, take out of box. I didn,t do that and my decos melted. It was for my sister, she didn,t care. lol!! hth  My instructions comes from BlakesCakes on this site. works great!!!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 4

And you don't need to wait for the bc to crust.  Just slap those fondant decos on the cake.  done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%