Buttercream Recipes

Baking By LoveonCloudCupcake Updated 1 Feb 2013 , 4:40pm by Carver9

LoveonCloudCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveonCloudCupcake Posted 27 Jan 2013 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 5

AI am trying to decide which buttercream to use. I typically favor pure buttercream over American & European buttercreams. I sometimes do 1/2 butter 1/2 shortening but it's not really my favorite. I recently made Wilton's White Buttercream mix I think it's called; & I LOVE the flavor & texture. But it is $3.99 for a box that only covers a 1 layer 8 in cake. So I'm asking what it is your customers like best? Pure butter? 1/2 & 1/2? Pure Shortening? Ect..

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 12:38am
post #2 of 5

This is a great one that is not all that expensive.  Do try it at least once.  I think you will really like it.

As posted it does NOT crust but a 'fix' is mentioned at the end:)
A smooth, easy to use buttercream icing for all your cakes.

Ingredients

Amount Ingredient 2 cups butter 2 cups shortening 2 pounds powdered sugar 2 Tablespoons flavoring

Directions

2 of Everything Icing directions:

*Edited to remove mixing directions.  Sorry.  Please hyperlink to source of recipe.

LoveonCloudCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveonCloudCupcake Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 1:38am
post #3 of 5

AAwesome !!! About what does this cover? Cake wise & cupcakes? Does it frost more than 48 cupcakes? Does it frost a 4 layer 8 inch? Ect..

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 3:53am
post #4 of 5

I've forgotten exactly how much it will cover.  I'm rather sure it will  easily do the cupies and the 8" cake.

*As general rule* you can figure on each pound of sugar used in making icing will cover any one recipe/box of cake.  In other words if hte cake you make used two (or double) recipes or 2 box mixes, then the icing recipe as given will be ample to ice and decorate it.

Carver9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carver9 Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 5

Hello Guys as per my knowladge in a 5-quart mixing machine add the butter and using a exercise connection, gradually defeat in the sugar.Add salt,vanilla flavor,and buttermilk and defeat to until a little bit firm. You can modify the reliability by including more buttermilk, if you want a smoother frosting. This is a base icing frosting flexible to having substances added for your own tastes.Thanks a lot!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%