Canon Ip3600 Edible Image Printing Problem

Decorating By rosech Updated 12 Nov 2013 , 7:27pm by lancedal

rosech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosech Posted 25 Jan 2013 , 6:46am
post #1 of 6

Good day.

I am having a problem with my ip3600 edible images printer. The magenta ink is not coming out in my images. At first every thing with some red or pink shade required just came out yellow. I cleaned the bottom. Now when I print, the parts that are supposed to be pink or red are coming out with yellow with red lines. Sometimes though, the magenta light does not show and only lights up after removing and inserting a few times. Anyone with information on what I must do?

5 replies
Ducky316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Posted 25 Jan 2013 , 11:55am
post #2 of 6

Just as with any printer, the nozzles need cleaned periodically. You do this through the software through the printer. Right click your printer icon..there should be an option for this, or troubleshooting. Use regular paper for the nozzle cleaning not your sugar paper. Hope this helps :)

rosech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosech Posted 26 Jan 2013 , 6:03am
post #3 of 6

AThank u so much. I used the self cleaning method and the problem was solved.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 26 Jan 2013 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 6

You can prevent this problem by printing one sheet a week.  Use regular writing paper if you don't need to print onto an edible sheet.

What's the difference between regular weekly printing and doing a head clean?  Printing one sheet takes much less ink than the cleaning cycle.

Ducky316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Posted 26 Jan 2013 , 5:20pm
post #5 of 6

Glad that worked! :)

lancedal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lancedal Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 6

I have also had exactly the same issue. Magenta prints as yellow. Changed inks, removed and reinstalled drivers. Have a suspicion that maybe there's a purpose built fault, maybe after a certain number of pages have been printed or age of printer? I have seen this fault with other people as well. Just seems to be the magenta suddenly won't print and the printer prints yellow instead. Has anyone got a solution at all? I'm not prepared to touch another canon until I am convinced this fault isn't a deliberate one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%