What Mix Is This?

Baking By Chris449842 Updated 24 Jan 2013 , 9:45pm by CakesbyHeidiA

Chris449842 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chris449842 Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 4

Would you say for this size of cake it is an 8" mix? Or is there 3 layers in this cake, this is the one big thing i get mixed up on, and end up with flat wee cakes, cant ever get the right mix for the right size? When they say an 8" mix does that mean 2 8" round tins or square tines or just the 1? If anyone understood that lol xx

3 replies
CakesbyHeidiA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyHeidiA Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 4

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but you can fill two 8 inch cake pans with one cake mix. SO a half mix in each....Hope that helps

Chris449842 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chris449842 Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 9:37pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyHeidiA 

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but you can fill two 8 inch cake pans with one cake mix. SO a half mix in each....Hope that helps

Thank you, yes thats what i meant when you see recipes for X amount of tins, just trying to find the right tin size for decent sized cakes, the last cake i made, was for a 10" round, i put it in a square and i could have been doing with another layer, and when it comes to working out recipes, i never get it right, i need a recipe worked out and written down for me lol. Thanks xx

CakesbyHeidiA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyHeidiA Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 4

Usually for a 6 inch circle it is about 1/4 a mix, 8 inch is 1/2 mix, 10 inch is 1 mix usually you use about 1/2 mix more as you go up...the squares are a little bigger so u start with a 1/2 mix and then go up...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%