Make A 3D Light House For A Cake

Decorating By shirley6 Updated 25 Jan 2013 , 1:33pm by shirley6

shirley6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shirley6 Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 4

ok i saw this  pic on a web site of a lighthouse  i so love lighthouses and want to do this or any cake with a lighthouse cake really bad for my 40th birthday but i have never done something like this the most i have done is angry birds out of rice krispys and if i could get it to light up that would be a great plus please help if anyone can thanks shirley

3 replies
Texan Aunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texan Aunt Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 4

My suggestion would be to wrap a slab of Rice Krispies around a PVC pipe that has a cheap LED flashlight ductaped inside. You can carve the Rice Krispies down to the right shape and then royal ice and put fondnat on.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 4

You can get little tealight candle lights that light up and are round, so that might work. I use little bulbs that you twist at the base to turn on, and they stay on for quite a while. they have them at craft stores in the wedding section usually...I don't know what they're called, they're just little bulbs with a twist-on base to turn them on.

For a small lighthouse like that I'd make it out of Rice Krispies then put the light in the top when it was time to display it.

shirley6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shirley6 Posted 25 Jan 2013 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 4

thanks for the ideas

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%