Very New To Cake Baking---- Red Velvet 2 Tier Wedding Cake Coming Up In March--Help

Decorating By firechickrn08 Updated 9 Apr 2013 , 4:28am by firechickrn08

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 11:54pm
post #61 of 71

A

Original message sent by firechickrn08

For those who are curious... The wedding went amazing and everything turned out wonderful!!!! Thank God!!! The bride and groom were ecstatic and so were all of the guest!!! I couldn't have been more pleased!!! I say a great first challenge! And boy was it a challenge ;-) I truly am so grateful for everyone's opinions and advice and most of all the encouragement!!!! I have more weddings planned since this past weekend so I ought to be back with more questions!!! Again thank you so much to everyone who responded to all my questions! :-)

Congratulations on a successful endeavor! Would love to see the photos. Are you going to post them?

firechickrn08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firechickrn08 Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 12:54am
post #62 of 71

A

Original message sent by carmijok

Congratulations on a successful endeavor! Would love to see the photos. Are you going to post them?

Thank you! considering everything I've done in the past month has been my first ever I say everything has gone well.... I posted some pics on my profile..

morninglorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morninglorie Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 5:32am
post #63 of 71

Oh, the whole thing looks so great!  Congrats!  I'm new to cake decorating too, and you've given me hope/inspiration :)  I would not have been so gutsy, so kudos to you! icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 1:21pm
post #64 of 71

wow it's just amazing--the cake is stunning--i think it needed the height to pull off the design--i love it

and the yummy bits you made--i like the clustered look of some of them--like sweet bouquets

how did you get that cake on the stand without smearing the roses to smithereens with the bottom board so flush

the stand is awesome too--and the setting of the reception is beautiful--it all blends so well--you did a great job

big sweet success

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 1:24pm
post #65 of 71

What a lovely cake, and I think it was the perfect design to complement their topper. 

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 2:46pm
post #66 of 71

What a beautiful cake and dessert table.  I think it was perfect for that lovely setting.  That was a huge amount of work, and it is clean, polished, professional and nicely done.  Congratulations!

firechickrn08 Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 4:22am
post #67 of 71

A

Original message sent by morninglorie

Oh, the whole thing looks so great!  Congrats!  I'm new to cake decorating too, and you've given me hope/inspiration :)  I would not have been so gutsy, so kudos to you! :D

Thank you so much!!! Just go for it and give it all you have!! :-) it was well worth it!!

firechickrn08 Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 4:24am
post #68 of 71

A

Original message sent by -K8memphis

wow it's just amazing--the cake is stunning--i think it needed the height to pull off the design--i love it

and the yummy bits you made--i like the clustered look of some of them--like sweet bouquets

how did you get that cake on the stand without smearing the roses to smithereens with the bottom board so flush

the stand is awesome too--and the setting of the reception is beautiful--it all blends so well--you did a great job

big sweet success

Thank you so very much!!! Haha I'm not sure how I didn't mess it up when I moved it!!! A whole lot of praying and only the grace of God!!! Thank you for all of your sweet comments!!!

firechickrn08 Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 4:24am
post #69 of 71

A

Original message sent by kikiandkyle

What a lovely cake, and I think it was the perfect design to complement their topper. 

Thank you so much!! :-)

firechickrn08 Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 4:25am
post #70 of 71

A

Original message sent by yortma

What a beautiful cake and dessert table.  I think it was perfect for that lovely setting.  That was a huge amount of work, and it is clean, polished, professional and nicely done.  Congratulations!

Thank you very very much!!!! :-)

firechickrn08 Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 4:28am
post #71 of 71

AI just wanted to say thank you to all of you that have commented and been so encouraging... It took me a while to get the nerve to post pictures out of fear of being ripped to pieces on here but I am so thankful to everyone!!! Y'all have made me feel good and I greatly appreciate it!!! :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%