Fuchsia Coloured Buttercream??

Decorating By JPepper Updated 16 Jan 2013 , 10:11pm by JPepper

JPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPepper Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there icon_biggrin.gif

Just wondering if anyone knows how to make fuchsia coloured buttercream using Wilton colouring gels? I've searched the forums, as well as the internet, and haven't been able to find any 'solid' advise using buttercream.

Thanks so much in advance!

Jennifer

4 replies
JLynne93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JLynne93 Posted 16 Jan 2013 , 3:09am
post #2 of 5

I have made fuchsia mixing pink and purple. I have also made it by mixing red and light pink. This is using wilton icing colors. Americolor makes a fuchsia color if you have time to order it.

JPepper Posted 16 Jan 2013 , 4:33am
post #3 of 5

Thanks JLynne icon_smile.gif

Did you use regular pink or rose (the one that makes hot pink)? And when you say purple, do you mean violet? I havent seen Wilton purple before. Unfortunately, no time to order Americolour :(

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 16 Jan 2013 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 5

I've had the worst experiences making fuchsia!!  The americolor fuchsia is not very pretty--more of a grey pink.  What most of my brides really want is hot pink, and adding purple tends to head it toward a dull color. Use the violet.purple VERY sparingly--I recommend trying it on a tiny piece so you don't ruin a whole batch.

JPepper Posted 16 Jan 2013 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 5

Jeannem, thank you for your reply icon_smile.gif  Were you colouring fondant or buttercream? I'll be colouring buttercream and will definitely try a small batch first :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%