Photo Topped Tier

Decorating By mjjensen83 Updated 19 Jan 2013 , 2:14pm by icingimages

mjjensen83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjjensen83 Posted 14 Jan 2013 , 12:51am
post #1 of 6

I am doing a cupcake tiered cake with a small topper for my in-laws 50th anniversary.  I am wanting to somehow have their original wedding photo standing on the top tier.  Does anyone have any experience doing this and if so can I have some suggestions...thanks so much.

5 replies
Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 14 Jan 2013 , 12:55am
post #2 of 6

You could actually apply some edible images to the sides of the cake, and maybe put some flowers on top (like what was in her bouquets). There is a photo in my birthday cakes gallery here on CC that is a 4 tier hat box cake with flowers and loads of edible images in black and white around the sides of the tiers - its very effective!

mjjensen83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjjensen83 Posted 14 Jan 2013 , 12:59am
post #3 of 6

I am not a professional decorator and have never done edible images, how hard is it to do these?  I would be game in trying to learn...

nikki4199 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki4199 Posted 14 Jan 2013 , 1:10am
post #4 of 6

I have made a fondant picture frame with a stand. Then I laid the edible image on it. and then made a frame border over the sides of the picture to make it look likr a real picture frame. You can add some flowers on the corner or something.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 14 Jan 2013 , 2:12am
post #5 of 6

mjjensen83 you must have an edible image printer to make your own edible images. You must use edible inks and paper also. It's approximately a $200 or more investment.

Some grocery stores that do edible image cakes will print one for you or about $10

then you have to put it on a gumpaste "plaque" that you roll out and dry.

It's pretty easy, I have an edible image printer and I use it often.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 19 Jan 2013 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 6

You can have the images printed for you. You do not need to get your own printer unless you print regularly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%