Where Do I Buy Concentrates Such As Pineapple, Mango, Guava Etc

Decorating By Lovelymeets Updated 1 Aug 2013 , 7:50pm by hollynme2

Lovelymeets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelymeets Posted 12 Jan 2013 , 7:16am
post #1 of 11

Hi

I need to make a few cakes with fruit flavors such as pineapple, mango, guava etc.

Where to buy these flavors or concentrates?

Any place that I can buy them in bulk? 

Would appreciate your response.
Thanks in advance.

10 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Jan 2013 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 11

i go to my local restaruant supply place--they have those luscious frozen purees--also amoretti makes countless zillions of flavors and there are other brands also

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 12 Jan 2013 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 11

OK there are many possible answers.

My grocery stores recently stopped  selling frozen pineapple juice concentrate that was my best go-to. GRRR

I use the LorAnn candy flavours in conjunction with fruit juice concentrate in cake batter and icing.  Their pineapple and mango are very true and excellent tasting flavours.  The entire line is VERY concentrated and can be bought in 4 ounce bottles.  They also come in one dram size (1 teaspoon) at Michaels and candymaking craft stores, so you can test each flavour before you buy in bulk.  If you buy the big bottles, buy the droppers also from LorAnn for convenience.

For fruit concentrates, you need to ask your local grocery system to see if they sell frozen pulp. 

Or else google for your local bakery supplier, there are a few brands of fruit paste that are baking concentrates.  Hero is one--there is a French one--can't remember the names off the top of my head and I have never tried any of them either.  The come in one kilogram packs which is 2.2 pounds, but the wholesale might have a minimum oprder.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Jan 2013 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 11

For the Hero fruit compounds,

fond

ant

source

.com

sells them at a good price.  Use cakecentral as a discount coupon at checkout and save 10%.

Rae

ladybugcake2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybugcake2005 Posted 13 Jan 2013 , 1:31am
post #5 of 11

I live in florida and use necture and puree for mango and guava flavors  Pineapple works best with jam and in whole foods I can buy mango and guava jam....I add a teaspoon of vanilla and a pinch of salt that way its not so sweet its yucky......this is what I do when the fruits are out of season when they are in season  I always use fresh and make a pie filling type fruit puree nd it always works....and this freezes for 3 months.

good luck

ladybug

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 13 Jan 2013 , 1:42am
post #6 of 11

AOlivenation sells pineapple and mango extract in bulk: http://www.olivenation.com/Extracts-culinary-C55.aspx

Guava extract is available here, but not in bulk: http://allstarextracts.com/Guava-Flavor?filter_name=guava

Lovelymeets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelymeets Posted 17 Jan 2013 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 11

Thank you all!!!

this is so helpful...:-)

CakeMann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMann Posted 18 Jan 2013 , 3:05am
post #8 of 11

Hi, the Iast time I saw these type of items was on the International Foods site,they had a very high end product in a can.  I don't think  Dessert Flair has them. If you have access to SYSCO they might, good luck.  

santosleo0914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
santosleo0914 Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 7:01am
post #9 of 11

mango concentrate,calamansi concentrate,dalandan concentrate for sale 1kg/liter  [email protected]

09983556444 manila phils

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 9:30am
post #10 of 11

AWhen I make guava flavored things I always use the paste which is available at most supermarkets. I take out a square and put it in the food processor with rum or water to loosen it up a bit. Just a teeny tiny amount. And then add it to whatever I'm making.

hollynme2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollynme2 Posted 1 Aug 2013 , 7:50pm
post #11 of 11

Depending how far you want to go, Perfect Puree of Napa will take an order for pick up at their warehouse.  I place an order every six months or so and then take the trip up there to pick it up (the shipping fees are outrageous) but their product is amazing.  I love the passion fruit, coconut, raspberry and mango so far.  Check them out online...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%