Chocolate Melt Mould Cracking

Decorating By gemdum Updated 19 Mar 2013 , 5:44pm by clarebush1

gemdum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemdum Posted 8 Jan 2013 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 7

AHi. I have just started making giant cupcakes. I make it and it looks great but a while later be chocolate mould is cracking. Why is this? Thanks

6 replies
lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 9 Jan 2013 , 12:05am
post #2 of 7

Are you using the pan to make a mold out of chocolate and putting the cake in that?  It could just be expansion or that your chocolate isn't thick enough. 

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 9 Jan 2013 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 7

I have made a giant cupcake liner using the pan and candy melts or chocolate several times.  I have never had it crack.  I would guess that the chocolate was to thin.

clarebush1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clarebush1 Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 7

ACan you help my case is stuck and won't budge it's been in the fridge long enough and I've used enough chocolate my mould is metal could this be the issue!! ( it's my first attempt!)

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 5:38pm
post #5 of 7

Sometimes it helps to put it in the fridge right after you coat it (too late now), but the freezer shocks the chocolate into coming away from the mold enough to release easily.  You don't need to keep it in there too long.  A couple miniutes should do it.  And I agree with the others, sounds like you made your mold too thin.

clarebush1 Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 5:43pm
post #6 of 7

AThank

Original message sent by DeniseNH

Sometimes it helps to put it in the fridge right after you coat it (too late now), but the freezer shocks the chocolate into coming away from the mold enough to release easily.  You don't need to keep it in there too long.  A couple miniutes should do it.  And I agree with the others, sounds like you made your mold too thin.

clarebush1 Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 5:44pm
post #7 of 7

A

Original message sent by clarebush1

Thank

Thank you I will try that and next time use more chocolate ;) xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%