Can Anyone Recommend A Good Point Of Sale System?

Business By KuyaRomeo Updated 1 Mar 2013 , 8:45am by codysamuel

KuyaRomeo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KuyaRomeo Posted 5 Jan 2013 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 4

AHello everyone.

I have not posted in a long time, as we are no longer in the cake business. We have grown into a small French patisserie... It actually kinda happened fast and naturally. We no longer make many cakes, so my postings are no longer relevant here. But, I have missed all of the great support from the community here.

I now have a mor general question for our shoppe. We currently use square register to cash out customers on our iPad. This has been fine for our small shoppe, but now that we are planning to open a second location in an upscale mall, we are looking for something a bit more classy.

Hoping someone has some solid recommendations, from personal experience.

We hope to find the following:

Create barcodes for our products Scan barcodes Touch screen check out Basic reporting

Looking to lease the needed equipment and software as a package.

Any suggestions?

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jan 2013 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 4

for a bookstore with coffee & snacks we had a separate store pos for bar coding, inventory, sales, gift cards etc, and then quickbooks for accounting--i wish we had just gone with qb or one system for everything including the swipe machines & all but it worked at that time--the pos dumped into qb--i shudder to think of it--so many brick walls and falderal. all in one is my favorite! since i know qb i'd stay there myself

love it when the technology does my thinking for me

bar codes--easy

touch screen is just a one time purchase

I got more reports than i knew what to do with

and research the gift card (swipe card) aspect as well--follow all the way through the process as to how much they cost you to purchase and how much to maintain gift card program monthly--varies tremendously--but once you're in with that you're in

AND you can link to both stores too wow cool

i don't envy you the task of making this decision--maybe it's different now --mine was set up six years ago-- but it seemed like you couldn't get to know what you really wanted until after you'd gotten your feet wet & made the choice--i would so go interview other similar restaurant owners--esp those that just set up. technology is moving at tsunami speeds--and you'll want to have tipping on there too-- miles of minutiae

good luck!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jan 2013 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 4

and multiplied congratulations on your success!!!!!!

codysamuel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
codysamuel Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 8:45am
post #4 of 4

If you are new to this then probably Quickbook is good,But there is some sort of inflexiblity in it,There is also another one named RSA counterpoint POS ,Which is quite nice and reviews are also very exceptional.

Cody Samuel
consultant for posnation.com( Managing Restaurant Point of Sale Software)
8701 Red Oak Blvd, Suite 100
Charlotte, NC 28217

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%