Red Solo Cup Cupcakes

Baking By ThreeFifty Updated 4 Jan 2013 , 4:27pm by ThreeFifty

ThreeFifty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeFifty Posted 4 Jan 2013 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 6

AI've got an order to make cupcakes to look like red solo cups for a 5yr old little girls bday next weekend. I'm trying to think of the best way to make them stable, since they're going to be traveling about 3 hours. I thought maybe doing it so it looks like the cup is upside down!? Any thoughts??

5 replies
kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 4 Jan 2013 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 6

I am terribly curious about their choice of a theme.  The only connection I can make to red solo cups is decidedly not five-year-old appropriate.  I think I may have to google this one......

ThreeFifty Posted 4 Jan 2013 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 6

AI know, right!? And for a girl!? I don't ask questions, just make the cakes!!! :)

kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 4 Jan 2013 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 6

No doubt! And who knows - y'all may be the next creative mommy/caker duo who end up the next craze on Pinterest or Catch My Party.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Jan 2013 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 6

upside down is good

is you went right side up--i'd make each one a holder like a cupcake holder--wrap each in a paper towel to avoid scrapings--why wouldn't a regular cupcake holder box work?? the holes are not big enough?

how are you getting the glassy shiney look???

oh --hey--how about drink holders from mcdonald's!!!!

ThreeFifty Posted 4 Jan 2013 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 6

AI was thinking about carving mini cakes rather than using standard cupcakes, only because I think they'd look more like cups that way. A cup carrier is a good idea, though. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%