Cake Business Apps

Business By vonnieb Updated 29 Aug 2013 , 1:38pm by Misty Jinks

vonnieb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnieb Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 6

AI am wondering if anyone out there is using any apps on their ipad in their cake business. I have cake boss, which i like, but doesn't totally fit my needs. My laptop crashed so cant use it anyway now. Thinking software on my ipad would be great but cant find anything.

5 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 6

AWhat are your specific requirements? A combination of Excel and Quickbooks will often be enough to run the business side, but having an iPad as your only computer will probably be frustrating. If the laptop has a software problem it's not too difficult to wipe the hard drive, reinstall the operating system, and restore your files from backups.

vonnieb Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 6

AThe laptop crashed (literally) and im actually going to have the hard drive pulled so i can recover stuff when i can afford a new computer. Just thought it would be nice to have a program to take orders and keep track of sales on my ipad. I do a lot of things and often get calls when i am not in my kitchen, ipad is portable and can carry it with me eliminating all my lttle notes. As i said i have the cake boss program, which overall is great but is a little tedious for me and i cant figure different tax rates on it. Also would be nice to just do end of month report on my sales tax. Thinking i will do an excell spreadsheet for that stuff but would like to link all aspects together.....and i am not very tech savvy!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 6

AOne option is Easy Books, I've never used it myself but it apparently handles bookkeeping, sales tax, P&L/BS reporting, and invoicing.

http://easybooksapp.com/ios

vonnieb Posted 3 Jan 2013 , 2:33am
post #5 of 6

AThanks i am actually looking at that one.

Misty Jinks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misty Jinks Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 6

Checkout Cake Stacker and Cake Slicer apps. They are not cake pricing apps like cake boss but are surely very useful for any cake business

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%