Fat Daddio Cake Leveler

Decorating By SandyES00 Updated 31 Jan 2013 , 8:35pm by ibeeflower

SandyES00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyES00 Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 2:56am
post #1 of 9

I know that an Agbay is basically the gold standard for cake leveling and that the Wilton ones are kind of the bottom tier, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Fat Daddio leveler.  Although the Agbay would be great, it just doesn't fit into my budget right now and the Fat Daddio could.  Any experiences with it would be greatly appreciated.

8 replies
ladyhawke917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyhawke917 Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 2:59am
post #2 of 9

My wonderful hubby got me one and I LOVE it.

tykesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tykesmommy Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 4:56am
post #3 of 9

AMy wilton leveler is a piece of crap. I hate it.

misschristinec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misschristinec Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 5:50am
post #4 of 9

AI looked up a video on the agbay - wow it's pretty amazing! I used the Wilton in the past, but now I just use a fat daddio enormous serrated knife and cut/level by eye.

NekosDemon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NekosDemon Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 8:49pm
post #5 of 9

Did you end up getting the Fat Daddio? My very old wilton leveler (that doesn't fold) is on it's last peg, lol and I need to replace it. The Agbay isn't in my budget.. I was looking at the Fat Daddio and just found a knock-off of it on ebay with free shipping from Hong Kong and wonder if it worth the wait to try it. 

If you got one, does the blade flex any?

Thanks!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 9

From an Amazon review "It works OK if you have to have it for a wide cake but get a smaller one for everything else because you will constantly be fighting to keep the 3 blades level. You have to go super slow and be real careful everything stays level."

The Agbay is, just simply the best.  You don't have to fight with it.  It just works.  One you own it you won't know how you caked without it.  For you birthday or the next holiday, ask your family to chip in and give you one fabulous gift.

ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 9:57pm
post #7 of 9

I don't want to hijack the thread, so quick question..which model did you buy Leah? 

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 10:35pm
post #8 of 9

A

Original message sent by ibeeflower

I don't want to hijack the thread, so quick question..which model did you buy Leah? 

::blushes:: I have three. Double blade and single blade original and double blade Jr. Seriously the Abbey is absolutely worth it.

ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 8:35pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s 

::blushes:: I have three. Double blade and single blade original and double blade Jr. Seriously the Abbey is absolutely worth it.

Wow, how awesome! I watched the videos with my boyfriend and even he was impressed with it. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%