Help!!

Sugar Work By IIssaabbeellllee Updated 1 Jan 2013 , 2:31pm by SimplyIrresistibleXO

IIssaabbeellllee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IIssaabbeellllee Posted 1 Jan 2013 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 2

AI've been dabbling in poured sugar for a while, beer bottles, dolls....and I always end up with tiny bubbles all over the finished product. Funny thing is, when I break up the bottle, the INSIDE of the bottle is nice and uniform!!!....My mold does not have bubbles on it, the isomalt is melted and then let to rest for 15 min. in the oven at 265....I tried warming up the mold.....nothing helps. Any suggestions?

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2884426/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

1 reply
SimplyIrresistibleXO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIrresistibleXO Posted 1 Jan 2013 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 2

Hi! I have been using poured sugar for quite some time, I make plenty of bottles, wine glasses etc. From the look of your pic did you color your isomalt? Color can effect the outcome of the finished project depending on what type and how much you use. Also you said when you break up the bottle, do you mean it is solid isomalt or do you hollow it out?  I would first start with what type of isomalt you use? I swear by clear cut isomalt by MYOM if I am cooking it, but my best results come from cake plays isomalt nibs (they used to be sticks, but recently changed to these small versions of the stick, it hasn't changed the product at all) and I also like sassy shotz isomalt sticks, both come pre colored or clear and because they are precooked, all you do is heat them in the microwave until melted and pour! Another trick to eliminate some of the bubbles is to pour from a good distance, maybe 6" above the mold, the further you pour from the more the isomalt will strech and cause the bubbles to 'pop' before they go into your mold :) Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%