Know The Law

Business By Deforest Updated 31 Dec 2012 , 10:27pm by dkltll

Deforest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deforest Posted 31 Dec 2012 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 2
Hey,

I hope this helps. Follow this link to read more about the Cottage Food Law in Florida.  It is okay to bake and sell your cakes from your home. You do not need a license.  Furthermore, an inspector is not going to come after you.  Just make sure your kitchen is clean for your customers. 

During the 2011 Legislative Session, the Florida Legislature enacted House Bill 7209 allowing individuals to manufacture, sell and store certain types of “cottage food” products in an unlicensed home kitchen. The Cottage Food law became effective on July 1, 2011. To better assist prospective cottage food operators, the Division of Food Safety (Division) created a draft guidance document which contains more detailed information regarding cottage food requirements. The Division plans to update this document as further information becomes available, so please check back often! 

1 reply
dkltll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dkltll Posted 31 Dec 2012 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 2

Thank you, I was just fixing to post a link!!!! Apparently not everyone in Florida is aware of this. (I think I posted in another discussion the year 2012, oh well) thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%