1St Birthday Cake For Angel Baby

Decorating By cakelover613 Updated 21 Mar 2013 , 5:33pm by cakelover613

Damona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Damona Posted 4 Jan 2013 , 8:37pm
post #31 of 34

My little baby daughter, Ashlyn, passed away suddenly on March 25, 2011 at the age of 10 weeks 2 days.  For her first birthday on January 12, 2012 I did do an angel baby cake.  It was the most appropriate for me.  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Jan 2013 , 10:06pm
post #32 of 34

it's beautiful, Damona

and please accept my sympathy in your stunning loss

what a beautiful creation to honor her life

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 4 Jan 2013 , 10:57pm
post #33 of 34

She probably doesn't know what to do so you have to ask her in a different way.  Will there be children at this party or just adults.  Will there be balloons (what color) and games for the kids or just a quiet gathering.  Will she be decorating the house - with what and what colors.  I love the cake that was shown in pink, very appropriate, classy, not over the top but cute none the less.  I would go with something like that.  Your poor heart will be heavy as you decorate it.  I don't envy you :-(

cakelover613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelover613 Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 5:26pm
post #34 of 34

I realize it has been quite a while since I posted about this cake, things have been busy around here and I haven't had a chance to get on. I wanted to update you all on what I ended up going with. I did a design on paper, in the design I avoided angels as suggested, and then sent my niece the picture so she could approve it. Simple, with a lot of beautiful flowers, and a number 1 on top. Upon seeing it, she told me she would like it to have an angel on the cake. So here is the cake that became our angel baby's first birthday cake.

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions, and send my sympathies to the mothers who have lost children of their own. I have two of my own children, and one on the way due in October, and when I think of what she is going through my heart aches so deeply. It was with a very heavy heart that I brought this cake to her. When I had the cake together, she just stared at it for what seemed like forever, and I knew that I did ok. Not many people came, even though she invited many, I think it is hard for people to understand her need to celebrate this day. I get it. It was a short party, mostly we hung around and talked, and afterwards they brought gifts to Peyton's grave(I was unable to attend this part, as I had to work.) I think that this was quite possibly the most important cake I've ever made. And the saddest. But I was happy with how it turned out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%