Does Anyone Use A Marble Slab Or Tile For Rolling Fondant ?

Decorating By mbranko24 Updated 27 Dec 2012 , 9:31am by cazza1

mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 4:28am
post #1 of 6

AI have seen these online and thought that someone on here might have one. I am looking into getting one, just for rolling fondant, as The Mat and I don't eat along (I have watched all the videos on it, I just have a problem with my fondant still sticking)

Is the marble too cool to roll on? How about sticking? I use either Fondarific or Macsmom's Buttercream MMF, as I really don't like the taste of other pre-made fondants.

Thanks for the RFLP-

Erin

5 replies
Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 4:41am
post #2 of 6

AI roll out fondant on my granite kitchen counters all the time. I am just really careful to really clean them and make sure there is a light dusting of powedered sugar or corn starch to start.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 6:13am
post #3 of 6

I've never heard of these boards until you mentioned them OP. How awesome, I would love to get one of these. A google search yielded a couple of results (and the ice cream place lol). Do you know of any store that sells bigger slabs though? Like 30 x 30? Thanks.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 6:52am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea 

I've never heard of these boards until you mentioned them OP. How awesome, I would love to get one of these. A google search yielded a couple of results (and the ice cream place lol). Do you know of any store that sells bigger slabs though? Like 30 x 30? Thanks.

If you have a business nearby that supplies the stone for kitchen countertops, they may well have remnants.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 8:28am
post #5 of 6

Thanks Shanter. I'll check those out too.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 9:31am
post #6 of 6

I have a granite slab that the local undertaker made for me.  I measured the size that I wanted and then he bevelled the edges and put little feet on the bottom.  It worked out heaps cheaper than the ones I had seen in the shops and was exactly the right size for my bench.  I loved it until I got  "The Mat", which I seem to get along brilliantly with.  I still use it heaps for kneading bread, pastry and for pouring hot toffee etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%