Friday Night Cake Club 12/21/12

Decorating By catlharper Updated 22 Dec 2012 , 4:42pm by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 3:01am
post #1 of 11

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Who's up? What are you workin' on?

Cat

10 replies
catlharper Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 3:06am
post #2 of 11

I've officially decided that I'm insane. Which part of my brain is able to clearly say "No" in my personal life and doesn't seem to have that ability at all in my professional life! Well, now I begin the panic about why I didn't say no!  Not only did I agree to do a 3 tier anniversary cake due 4 days after Christmas but I'm working the event too! Seriously...I have to be insane! 

So, what have I been working on? 2 dozen cupcakes, 36 chocolate dipped marshmallows, 36 pigs in a blanket, all for my son's school dress up luncheon today. 2 batches of fudge, a pecan pie, 2 dozen cupcakes for the Seniors, 2 dozen rolls...oh, and a 3 tier cake!  Top that off, New Years Eve brings another event where I'm working the event and making the cake. I'm gonna seriously need the 2 weeks off after! 

Anyone else insane out there....please tell me so I'll at least feel normal! LOL!

Cat

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 3:17am
post #3 of 11

Just a few dozen faux hostess cupcakes for a party.... sorry, probably doesn't really make you feel "normal" now, does it? I am in the middle of repainting my kitchen, caring for my elderly MIL, and having 12 people over for a full dinner though. oh, and a pie.

catlharper Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 3:21am
post #4 of 11

Ok, yeah, that qualifies! LOL!  Repainting anything this time of year is crazy but needing that same kitchen in order to cook a meal for 12! Yup, helps to make me feel better! LOL!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 4:15am
post #5 of 11

I had a crazy idea that I could make a lot of gifts this year- and I didn't start even gathering materials until the day after Thanksgiving. The house is a complete wreck, hubby has been put on gift wrapping and baking duty because I don't have time. Yup! I'm nuts!

No cake for me this week. I have nothing other than family baking until just after the New Year. 

catlharper Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 4:31am
post #6 of 11

Oh that was me last year! I think I nearly drove my husband insane with craft project after craft project...we didn't eat off our diningroom table for two months! LOL!  Take comfort that the end is in sight!

Brettley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brettley Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 4:43am
post #7 of 11

Well Cat, I am in the insane boat too!

I delivered a total of 15 dozen cupcakes today, 5 dozen of which were plain, thankfully and the other 10 dozen just had daisies on them. Along with that, a 2 tier zebra/cheetah cake and a Doc Mcstuffins cake for 20 people. So that was all for today.

Tomorrow, I have a 2 tier  "naked" strawberry shortcake cake and 100 ladybug/daisy cupcakes to go along. I am super excited to see how the naked cake turns out. I made a vanilla cupcake into a strawberry shortcake layer cake just to sample it, as I am doing something different and WOW!! I have changed my dessert for Christmas to this Strawberry shortcake, to. die for. I also have 24 snowmen cupcakes.  And then..... I am on HOLIDAYS for 2 weeks.

We do my familys' Christmas at our house every year so I have that for Monday, And my mother-in-law usually hosts Christmas day dinner BUT she broke her wrist 2 weeks ago so.. I am doing that as well this year.... the 26th I will sleep, ALL DAY. Then paint our living room ont he 27th.

You know what, I love every minute of it!!

catlharper Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 5:20am
post #8 of 11

I'm feeling better every time someone else posts! Thanx for including me in all of your insane weeks...it does make me feel a whole lot more normal!

Brettley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brettley Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 7:42am
post #9 of 11

I think in this industry, I am learnig that this seems to be the norm.

You love your job so you take on more than you should. My husband is a lawyer and he does the same thing. He wants to help everyone, even though for sanity sake he cannot. We are both almost completely incapable of saying NO, with the exception of to each other, haha. I would rather be happy and sleep deprived than miserable and rested.

megpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megpi Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 8:58am
post #10 of 11

No cakes for me this weekend, I was too busy at work and handed the few we had off to some coworkers. This week has been so insane. Lots of 100+ cupcake orders for very early in the day. I was made head baker earlier this month so I'm just trying to stay sane keeping everything going well through christmas. Today we had an order of 170 cookies, 30 lemon bars, and 300 regular and mini cupcakes for one of the big college football teams from around here.

catlharper Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 4:42pm
post #11 of 11

Brettley, you are right...better to be happy and sleep deprived! LOL!

Meg! Congrats on the head baker position! And wow...are you sick of cupcakes or what???? LOL!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%