Best Ipad Apps For Cake Decorating, Sketching And Organizing Cake Orders?

Decorating By cookie smalls Updated 8 Apr 2014 , 2:20pm by rexygirl

cookie smalls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie smalls Posted 19 Dec 2012 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 17

I just recently purchased an iPad to help organize my cake orders. But Id like to use it for more cake stuff. Anyone know any really neat and helpful apps?

16 replies
reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 19 Dec 2012 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 17

I would love to know as well.

noms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noms Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 9:17am
post #3 of 17

AI'm trying to learn to decorate cakes in the hopes of perhaps starting a very small home business (I've done some decorating and have been baking for decades, so it's really more about honing my skills), so this would be of interest to me, too.

TerriLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriLynn Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 12:47pm
post #4 of 17

Me too!! icon_rolleyes.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 17

I only know of this one. Not sure if it's worth it. I don't have it.

http://www.sweetdreamscakeapp.com/the-app/

http://www.ipadnews.nl/tag/ipad-cake-decorating/

I never found anything worth using. I bought drawing apps, Numbers (for spreadsheets), and TaskCards (for projects/organizing...my favorite app)...but there's nothing much for cake decorating.

The Craftsy app is the only thing worthy for learning. I bought the 14 classes. I hope they expand to cookies soon.

valenska108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valenska108 Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 2:35pm
post #6 of 17

Wilton has an app, which can come in handy sometimes

There is also the cake-ulator, I think it is called, which will help you cost your cakes.

HTH

owatto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
owatto Posted 23 Dec 2012 , 11:13am
post #7 of 17

I use an app on my Iphone called tiered caker. It helps with working out how many tiers and of what sizes will make up how many serves you need. 
It works with circle, square and a few other shapes of cakes. You can then email yourself or customer the cutting guide for the tiers that you "stacked" for your cake. 

I use it for all my cakes when specific serving numbers are required. 

JanDunlevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanDunlevy Posted 23 Dec 2012 , 1:40pm
post #8 of 17

AI used Tiered Cake on my ipad ALL the time. So simple and quick I can give customer instant sizes needed for number of people. Never found much else but that is well worth the purchase!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 23 Dec 2012 , 4:43pm
post #9 of 17

Some "reviews" for Tiered Cake, right here at CC.

http://cakecentral.com/t/749267/new-app-for-cakes-anyone-tried-it

cookie smalls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie smalls Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 8:26pm
post #10 of 17

AThank u!

RuthG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RuthG Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 12:32pm
post #11 of 17

I don't know if it is still relevant but I recently came across apps called Cake Stacker and Cake Slicer and I find them really useful.

Cake stacker is useful if you are building tiered cake. It's got a cool preview of how the cake might look like also.

Cake Slicer has cake cutting guides which you can email to customers in both concentric and straight line cutting methods

Hope this helps someone

lindseyjhills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindseyjhills Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 12:46pm
post #12 of 17

AI use sketch pad pro (and a Bamboo stylus) to draw cake designs (which also means they are easy to email to clients). I have recently discovered Camera-Lucida which is great for projecting images onto cookies to trace. It uses the back camera on the iPad and a picture on the screen of which you can adjust the opacity. I also use cost-a-cake pro (pricing) and cake-o-meter which lets you scale recipes up and down depending on tin size/shape. I also keep a folder of images of all my previous cakes that I can show to clients at consultations, events etc. I LOVE my iPad!

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 1:52pm
post #13 of 17

After scrolling through the app store, and reading discriptions, I think I found what your looking for.

It's an app called Cake Decorating Calculator by Stirzaker Applications and it's $2.39. This app does everything from figuring out the size tiers you need

to costing out ingredients and price per serving (after you enter your product prices). You can even do different decorations for an idea of how it will look

after your done!

Another intresting app for some, is one called Cake Decorating by Easysource HK and costs $3.13. This is a collection of "how to" videos of various

cake decorating techniques.

thecakemakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemakery Posted 16 Nov 2013 , 6:55pm
post #14 of 17

I created an app for bakers to help price cakes, as a lot of our Facebook fans struggle with this.

Cost a Cake Pro was created for bakers to help work out the cost of your custom cakes. Whether you bake cupcakes, big cakes, wedding cakes, cake pops, cookies or pastries Cost A Cake Pro will cost it out.

Fill the pantry with any ingredients you use, we put a few in to get you started and show you what you can add. Swipe left or right to delete anything you don't want.

Create Recipes with the pantry ingredients - add in all the things you use when baking from basics like Flour and butter to odd things like brandy for your fruit cakes  or Apples for the apple pie you are baking for your family!

Once you have your basic set of recipes, you can easily create quotes to price up cake orders.

Have an order for a 2 tier christening cake with 100 cupcakes? not a problem - simply create your base cake recipes, then add in the amounts required to create your order.

Add in sugarpaste, butter cream, oven times, delivery, boards, boxes and ribbon - it all gets added up.

Available for iPhone, iPad, Android and Kindle Fire search for Cost A Cake Pro in your app store.

Elly Russell

digicakesketch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
digicakesketch Posted 3 Feb 2014 , 5:57am
post #15 of 17

hi lovelies, you might be interested in a printable and editable cake sketch that you can use in your PC/MAC, iPad, Tablets.

katebaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katebaking Posted 8 Apr 2014 , 11:58am
post #16 of 17

I have 2 cake apps "cake slicer" and "Cake stacker" both by bakingit. These are probably the same as Ruth G. I find that these 2 apps seem to cover most things. I've put the links below if you want to check them out. Hope this helps.

http://cakeslicer.bakingit.com and http://www.cakestackerbakingit.com.

rexygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rexygirl Posted 8 Apr 2014 , 2:20pm
post #17 of 17

AOk WOW lindseyjhills the camera lucida app BRILLIANT! Totally downloading this, needed this for a cake a few months ago had to free hand which actually came out fine, but I was seriously nervous!! [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3218095/width/350/height/700[/IMG] OMG would this have been easier! I'm so excited! Ok next question what brand of edible markers are everyone's favorites ordering ASAP

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%