ceclia1 Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 6:35am
post #1 of 6

I have an order for strawberry cupcakes.  Does any one know of a good recipie

and frosting ideas? 

5 replies
vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 7:05am
post #2 of 6

Huh? Lemme see if I got this. You accepted an order for strawberry cupcakes but you don't have (and have not tried making) a recipe for strawberry cupcakes and frosting? Wow. Okay.

Moving on. Please specify whether you're looking for scratch or mix recipes. You should also so a search here or on google. There are many recipes in the recipe section with reviews to help you choose. I bet there are some threads on the subject too if you'd take the time to search. Good luck.

ceclia1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceclia1 Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 6

I quess I need to be clearer.  I bake cupcakes as a hobby. I just wanted to see if anyone has any

ideas for strawberry cupcakes (as I don't get alot of request for this flavor). It can be from a box or

from scratch....

ShareDessertCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShareDessertCo Posted 23 Dec 2012 , 4:26am
post #4 of 6

Hi! I have an amazing recipe for strawberry cupcakes. It uses fresh strawberries and tastes so deliciously strawberry. A big key to strawberry cupcakes is having delicious strawberries. Your cake and frosting will only taste as good as your strawberries. Really sweet strong ones are the best. Sour/tart ones are really not good. If you use frozen strawberries, make sure they are "fresh" and not freezer burned!

Here is the recipe. I hope this helps! Enjoy!

http://www.sharedessertcompany.com/2011/02/strawberry-cupcakes.html

~Sara

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 23 Dec 2012 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 6

I had some WASC mix left over so I mixed it with some strawberry topping I made.  In a sauce pan I put fresh strawberries, some corn syrup and sugar and boil it till it bubbles. I take some of the juice and mix it with corn starch in a separate bowl then I add it back in and boil till it thickens.  Mine was cold prior to adding as it was in the fridge all day.  I blended the strawberry mixture in a food processor and added it into the WASC mix ( is just swirled it in) and poured into cupcake tins.  I also took the puree and added it to a cream cheese frosting with a squirt or two of herseys strawberry syrup... OMG these cupcakes were sooooo good! 

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 24 Dec 2012 , 4:12pm
post #6 of 6

My favorite strawberry recipe:

http://www.oprah.com/food/Sprinkles-Cupcakes-Strawberry-Cupcakes-Recipe

It's the recipe from Sprinkles Bakery. YUM!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%