Friday Night Cake Club 12/14/12

Decorating By catlharper Updated 18 Dec 2012 , 3:19pm by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 15 Dec 2012 , 3:57am
post #1 of 8

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Who is up? What are you working on this week?

Cat

7 replies
catlharper Posted 15 Dec 2012 , 3:57am
post #2 of 8

We are off tonight to stop by a graduation party then I'll be back...I'll post a "real" update then...have I gotta doosey!

See you then!

Cat

csue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
csue Posted 15 Dec 2012 , 4:23am
post #3 of 8

I made Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls, Cheesecake Cookies, and Cinnamon Polar Bears.  I also have made the dough for Chocolate Coated Marshmallow Red Velvet Cookies but I'm just too pooped to go on.  These are for a Cookie Exchange Party tomorrow.  My daughter invited me (I never go to these) 'cuz she knew I'd make more than one type of cookie.  I'm sending the cookie dough with her in the morning because I won't be there for the first hour.  (I also don't understand why people just don't bring already made cookies to these things). 

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 15 Dec 2012 , 5:31am
post #4 of 8

Over extending myself! 4 orders yikes! I usually only do 2 per week.

Baby Shower Cake

90Th birthday cake

and two orders of plan cupcakes. 

Pictures to come on Monday! I'm going to sleep and decorate my bare christmas tree on Sunday.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 15 Dec 2012 , 5:40am
post #5 of 8

I needed some Christmas cookies in a hurry for a craft group I attend so I resorted to the computer and the printer.  They looked quite good. 

The Christmas tree ones were embossed fondant with trees made in a silicone mould.

catlharper Posted 15 Dec 2012 , 5:48am
post #6 of 8

Wow...it was a crazy cookie week! Love seeing all the new designs and I'm looking forward to seeing photos of those cakes!  For me, well, you will only get photos of cupcakes. I had a wedding cake this week but the Brides dad is in the hospital. He had a heart attack on Sunday (good thing I had not yet baked the first cake) so they are postponing the whole wedding for a month! Since I had only made the topper and flowers, and those will keep, and had not baked anything yet I am ok with just doing the cake in a month. So that leaves the cupcakes for an office party only this week. I went from over scheduled to under scheduled! I feel badly for the family but at least the Dad is going to be ok and they had wedding insurance (tho' she said everyone but the florist was just able to move the date so they didn't need it as much as she thought...even the venue was cool about it!)

Anyways, hope to see more pictures! I love to see what you all are working on!

Cat 

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 2:00pm
post #7 of 8

Here are the pictures from this past weekend!

I had 24 hours to put this one together. All dairy-free as usual. Bottom is an 8" almond cake with vanilla custard creme filling. The top is lemon yorgurt cake with vanilla custard creme filling.

Baby Shower cake. Dairy-free, 4-layers of almond cake with dark chocolate ganache filling.

catlharper Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 3:19pm
post #8 of 8

Oh I really like them! My favorite parts are the pearlized anenome's and the baby blocks! Thank you so much for sharing! I really love seeing what everyone is working on.

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%