Need Help Pricing This Cake!!!

Business By sweetangeljake Updated 14 Dec 2012 , 5:54pm by jgifford

sweetangeljake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetangeljake Posted 14 Dec 2012 , 11:54am
post #1 of 4

AHelp i Need Quick Response cake going out today! I think I'm underpricing my work but afraid I will loose business if I raise my prices. I'm doing a two tier cake with fondant decorations! Bottom layer is 10" w/buttercream icing and a pacman scene in fondant, top tier is a 4" rubrics cube iced in buttercream wfondant decorations then for the topper I made a cassette tape out73962231 of fondant and added small fondant pacman and 4 little goblins on wires What would be a fair price for this cake?? The cake is similar to these two cakes put together [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2874230/width/200/height/400[/IMG] [IMG][IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2874229/width/200/height/400[/IMG][/IMG]

3 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 14 Dec 2012 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 4

We don't know where you live or how you set your prices.

We don't know how much your supplies and expenses are.

Therefore WE cannot give you a "fair" price.

Most of us normally set a price for the customer before we start making the cake. Asking for a price just before you deliver the cake is not something that most of us would consider to be fair.

If you want to know how to price the next cake like this, then read the other posts on Cake Central that discuss this in excruciating detail.

sweetangeljake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetangeljake Posted 14 Dec 2012 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 4

AI'm in Arkansas and customer just text picture and ask me to do something similar

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 14 Dec 2012 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 4

I'm not trying to be mean so please don't take it that way, but this sounds odd.  If you can post pictures of the two different cakes, why aren't you posting a picture of the actual cake?  And if you're already selling cakes, you should have your pricing in place. 

As BakingIrene said, we don't know how you normally price your cakes and we couldn't begin to guess what your expenses are.  If nothing else, set a per serving amount and go from there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%