Cake Decorator Job/paid Internship

Decorating By gfbakergirl88 Updated 14 Dec 2012 , 4:27pm by remnant3333

gfbakergirl88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gfbakergirl88 Posted 14 Dec 2012 , 3:52am
post #1 of 3

Hi, I am looking for a temporary job overseas as a cake decorator or baker. Preferably somewhere in Europe, Australia, or New Zealand. Please let me know if you have any leads or ideas on where I can find job listings. (I live in the US)


Thanks in advance!

2 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 14 Dec 2012 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 3

You need to investigate how you get a work permit for any job in any country.  You might be surprised by the restrictions.


For example: you could work temporarily in Canada ONLY if you can show a dlploma from a US culinary arts program.


So use google.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 14 Dec 2012 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 3

Sounds like unless you know someone there or have family there that owns a business would be the only way unless you have been to a culinary arts school.  Very sad to say the least because there are a lot of talented people out there who can decorate like nobody's business that have not gone to culinary.  In my day, people would take you under their wing and teach you the trade.  The only people who get to learn like that anymore is if you have a father or mother who is a baker and they teach you the trade!!! Look at Buddy Valastro, he learned from a child in his dad's bakery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%