How To Get Purple To Print On Edible Image???

Decorating By kaw123 Updated 12 Dec 2012 , 6:23pm by BakingIrene

kaw123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaw123 Posted 12 Dec 2012 , 2:06am
post #1 of 4

Hi,

Can anyone help me please?  Or send me a helpful link?  I would appreciate it.

I need my edible image to print PURPLE.  No matter what I do I cannot get any form of purple to print.  It ends up looking reddish brown. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

3 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 12 Dec 2012 , 5:13am
post #2 of 4

It sounds like you are not getting any blue ink out. Do your testing on regular paper NOT edible sheets. 

Check your printer manual and online troubleshooting information for how to clean the print head and how to check colour balance.  If this is a new printer, contact the place you bought it from as they will have to repair or replace it. Remember to put the OEM ink cartridges in and print with them a few times before you take the printer to the dealer.

What kind of ink and cartridge are you using?  If you bought this from a cake supply, email them and tell them there is a problem.

kaw123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaw123 Posted 12 Dec 2012 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 4

Are you able to successfully print purple?

It is a new printer and I have done all the cleaning and printing on regular paper, etc.  I have done color blocks and blue prints fine.  It's just purple that I cannot get right.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks so much!

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 12 Dec 2012 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 4

If your blue prints fine, that's good.  

You have to go hunting in the printer software for "color balance" or something similar. Where they hide it depends on the brand of printer.  

The other possibility is that you are getting too much yellow--either a defective balance setting or a defective yellow cartridge.  Because yellow plus purple is brown...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%