Fondant Or Gumpaste ? What Do You Think?

Decorating By melissalovespandas Updated 11 Dec 2012 , 6:18am by melissalovespandas

melissalovespandas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissalovespandas Posted 11 Dec 2012 , 2:53am
post #1 of 4

Hello friends! So I was asked to make a wedding cake blah blah...the bride just emailed me telling that she changed her mind about the design, I don't want to say NO because she's a good friend but I'm not sure how to make this cake? any advice, or tips? do I make individual flowers and then cover the cake? can I achieve this look with fondant? she only wants 2 small tiers...

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Dec 2012 , 3:14am
post #2 of 4

I haven't made one like that yet but I l♥ve that style  ♥ ♥ ♥

I'd use stiff cornstarched fondant flavored with raspberry or whatever matches her cake flavor. I think I'd just apply them to the cake rather than make them in advance so they conform properly.

Ooooh so pretty.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 11 Dec 2012 , 6:10am
post #3 of 4

AI generally roll my eyes when I see requests for tutorials, because I feel that most cakes are pretty self explanatory. You see it on the cake, so you do it to your cake! Well, not this one!! This looks HARD! Anyway I can think of to do it, would just look sloppy...I would LOVE a tutorial for this one!

melissalovespandas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissalovespandas Posted 11 Dec 2012 , 6:18am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I generally roll my eyes when I see requests for tutorials, because I feel that most cakes are pretty self explanatory. You see it on the cake, so you do it to your cake! Well, not this one!! This looks HARD! Anyway I can think of to do it, would just look sloppy...I would LOVE a tutorial for this one!

bahaha! yeah, I know what you mean but this one looks so simple but I don't even know how to start LOL.

I read that the flowers are made out of chocolate, so that's a nono for me...I told the bride already and she changed her mind PHEEEEEEEEW..... now she wants this one :D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%