Vegan And Gluten Free Baking Recipe????

Baking By VBaker Updated 15 Dec 2012 , 5:21am by albertjr

VBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VBaker Posted 4 Dec 2012 , 7:14am
post #1 of 2

Does anyone have a good vegan and gluten free chocolate cake recipe? The ones that i have tried so far turn out too dry. Or should i be taking them out sooner????

I seriously need some tips on gluten free and vegan baking on how to keep it nice and moist.

The vegan part is fine, i can bake good vegan cakes etc, it's just that the gluten free part makes it hard because there are no eggs in the mixture to keep it moist.

Please help me!

1 reply
albertjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albertjr Posted 15 Dec 2012 , 5:21am
post #2 of 2
I like all flavors of cake but lemon cake is my favorite  this is the recipe of lemon cake; 
1/2 cup butter, softened
1-3/4 cups sugar 
6 egg yolks 
2-1/2 cups sifted cake flour 
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder 
1 cup plus 3 Tablespoons milk 
1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
2. In a mixer, cream the butter then add the sugar, beating well.
3. Reduce speed to medium and add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
5.  Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in the lemon rind.
6. Pour batter into prepared cake pans, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done with toothpick or cake tester.
7. Cool layers in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely before frosting. [url=http://historyofislama.blogspot.com/]history of Islam[/url]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%