Which Gumpast Flower Dvd Do You Recommend?

Decorating By Bomatebaker Updated 3 Dec 2012 , 2:57pm by JWinslow

Bomatebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bomatebaker Posted 2 Dec 2012 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 8

Hello Folks, I'm trying to improve on my sugar flower skills and have decided to buy a DVD to help me with that.

I have come across a couple of DVD's online but I cannot decide on which one to order. I would like one I can learn a lot from.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

7 replies
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 2 Dec 2012 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 8

AWww.designmeacake.com. has Dvds.

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 2 Dec 2012 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 8

AYou can also watch her videos on the site. She shares a few

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 2:42am
post #4 of 8

So many answers to this - Do you know what direction or flowers you would like to start with?

There's Designmecake like kazita recommends but there's many others depending on where you want to start.

There's Sensational Flowers1 (roses) & 2 (orchid) by Jennifer Dontz (sugardelights,com)

SugarEd Productions has several

Craftsy.com.  - Exotic Orchids by James Roselle and in Fondant Frills by Maggie Austin, her cabbage rose as well as Jacqueline Butler's Handcrafted Sugar Flowers

CakesbyDesign by Scott Clark Woolley.

I have many from the above list - I use them all and refer back to them when needed.  If nothing else you now have some places to explore :)

Jeanne

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 3:35am
post #5 of 8

HI, any and all of the above. Love them all!!!

Bomatebaker Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 7:10am
post #6 of 8

Thanks for your responses. I’ve been torn between the Designmeacake DVDs and the SugaredProductions DVDs. I believe there is a special offer on the SurgaredProductions DVDs at the moment. I’ll have to check out Sugardelights.com, ,Craftsy.com and CakesbyDesign.com as well.

Bomatebaker Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 7:14am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinslow 

So many answers to this - Do you know what direction or flowers you would like to start with?

There's Designmecake like kazita recommends but there's many others depending on where you want to start.

There's Sensational Flowers1 (roses) & 2 (orchid) by Jennifer Dontz (sugardelights,com)

SugarEd Productions has several

Craftsy.com.  - Exotic Orchids by James Roselle and in Fondant Frills by Maggie Austin, her cabbage rose as well as Jacqueline Butler's Handcrafted Sugar Flowers

CakesbyDesign by Scott Clark Woolley.

I have many from the above list - I use them all and refer back to them when needed.  If nothing else you now have some places to explore :)

Jeanne

I'd definitely like to start perfecting my Roses and Lilies.

Being in the UK I'll have to pay for international delivery, so I would like to order a couple of DVDs at a time. There are so many to choose from.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 2:57pm
post #8 of 8

I understand about the shipping charges for sure!

For the the rose I use Alan Dunn's book Sugar Flowers for Cake Decorating and the lily I use Claire Webb's Sugarcraft Flowers, so I'm not much help with dvds for those two but look at the finished product of the sugar artists to help you decide.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%