Lfa- Customer Wants 1 Texas Sized Cc For Bd Girl- Last Minute...

Decorating By sfandm Updated 1 Dec 2012 , 11:27pm by leah_s

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 1 Dec 2012 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 4

Yes, I just got a call from a customer who wants 1 Texas sized cupcake decorated last minute for a 25 year olds BD, and she is willing to pay my $20 rush fee. My question is-

any pros out there have batter on hand for these types of situations? I make everything fresh, but I guess storing batter in the fridge or freezer wouldn't be considered day old, or should I just break down and make 6 of vanilla and chocolate for future orders like this one, and freeze individaully? I have a recipe that will make alot of batter, probably 20 TX sized. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Dec 2012 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 4

Batter can be stored in the fzr.  Actually, I've heard it can be stored in the frig overnight but my experience doing that was not great :(  When ready to bake, it does not have to be defrosted, just add more baking time; watch it close - use your nose to know when it's done :)  When you can smell the wonderful cake aroma in the next room you know it's done :)

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 1 Dec 2012 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Kakeladi, you have always come thru for me in a pinch. I am going to make a batch tomorrow and freeze it in individual packages for easier measurement. Have a great Sunday! 

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Dec 2012 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 4

I freeze batter ALL the time.  Icing too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%