Betty Crocker Vanilla Frosting

Baking By Jassy Updated 30 Nov 2012 , 10:10pm by MMueller

Jassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jassy Posted 30 Nov 2012 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 2

Hi all, wondering if anyone knows a good eggless vanilla frosting recipe similar to the taste of the betty crocker one? not a big fan of buttercream and feel like the betty crocker one tastes better, but I would like to make home made one. 

Thank you icon_smile.gif

1 reply
MMueller Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MMueller Posted 30 Nov 2012 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 2

My vegetarian friend gave me this recipe to use on a cake for her once. She says it tastes the most like canned icing to her and it's her favorite. I think it tastes better than canned personally but you can try it if you like. You can use all Crisco if you want to and just use regular vanilla flavor instead of vanilla butter flavor to eliminate the buttercream like flavor and it will taste like canned. When I use all Crisco, I still add the 1.4 tsp of salt to cut the sweetness some. 

Krogers brand is just a brand name they sell at Foods Co. that she's a fan of. I doubt it matters which brand you use. 

K's Icing

4 cups of sifted confectioners sugar

1/2 cup of Crisco (vegetable shortening)

½ cup of salted butter

¼ teaspoon of popcorn salt (or table salt)

2 tablespoon of water

1 teaspoon of Krogers brand vanilla butter flavoring or regular vanilla flavoring

Combine sugar, salt, shortening, butter, and vanilla. Beat on low for 1 min. then beat on med. speed for about 6 minutes. Thin with corn syrup or water if needed. 

Makes about 5 cups of icing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%