Making 100 Cupcake Toppers In Advance...how Do I Store Them?

Baking By Normita Updated 2 Dec 2012 , 9:40pm by Normita

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 23 Nov 2012 , 4:37am
post #1 of 7

I have to make 100 bow cupcake toppers for next Sunday Dec 3rd but I wanted to make them ahead of time just dont know how to properly store them. I dont want them to be rock hard so I really dont want to let them air dry for a week and a half. This will be for a kids birthday party. I have to make too many of them to try and cram them a couple days before. 

Any ideas?

6 replies
Normita Posted 23 Nov 2012 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 7

AHello!! Any ideas out there?!?

punkin90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkin90 Posted 23 Nov 2012 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 7

Don't know if this will work put I have done this for fondant plaques. I let them air dry about 24 hours and then I put them in a large ziplock bag. You could cut cardboard to fit the ziplock and lay the bows on the cardboard inside of the ziplock. Check on them occasionally to make sure they are not drooping. Hope this helps. Just be sure to check on them!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 7

You can also try candy (or chocolate) clay for the bows.  Keep them cool (not cold) and they will last forever but remain soft to bite into.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 7

AI know that Royal Bakery freezes her pre made fondant decorations but I can't find the link with all the info. I'm sure if you asked her nicely on Facebook she'd send you the link.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 25 Nov 2012 , 12:23am
post #6 of 7

i freeze them

Normita Posted 2 Dec 2012 , 9:40pm
post #7 of 7

AThanks guys for the suggestions :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%