Tatty Ted Help

Decorating By hamtrina Updated 22 Nov 2012 , 7:03pm by h2o_db

hamtrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamtrina Posted 19 Nov 2012 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 5

Hello I'm new, and love everyones cakes :)

I want to make a tatty ted from me to you cake, does anyone know how to do this? Is there a pan I can buy? Someone please help me :)

4 replies
h2o_db Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
h2o_db Posted 21 Nov 2012 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 5

AHere's a link I have in my fav that explains how to do one. HTH http://bakeabooing.blogspot.be/2012/04/making-of-famous-mrme-to-you-bear-cake.html?m=1

Momy2Boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momy2Boys Posted 21 Nov 2012 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 5

AI have a question on this. After looking at her uniced cake you see the top cake (the one that makes the top of the bears head) is doamed. If your cake bakes up flat, how would you create that round part of the head between the ears?

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 2:13am
post #4 of 5

For the domed part between the ears I would just use up some of the carved leftovers, mix it with a little buttercream (like for cakepops) and just sculpt a little dome. Alternatively, you can get 3D bear cake pans which would make things easier if you're not too great at carving.

Cheers, J

h2o_db Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
h2o_db Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 5

AFor the dome part I think it´s because the round cake rose in the oven while cooking, she didn't level it. An other solution might be to cook the cake in a bowl (for exemple a Pyrex bowl that has a round bottom) don ´t know if you see what I mean. Otherwise, like me_me1 said you can do a" cakepop paste" that you sape like you want. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%