A Cher-What????

Decorating By Sparklekat6 Updated 15 Apr 2013 , 5:01pm by auntginn

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 26

I'm filing this under cake disasters because I am just really...well.... DISTURBED.

http://gma.yahoo.com/photos/thanksgiving-cherpumple-11-outrageous-photos-slideshow/

25 replies
dkltll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dkltll Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 26

I agree with Sparkle! Just Wow!icon_eek.gif

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 26

I understand your feeling OP.  This is a perfect pictorial example of the truth of the adage:

Just because one CAN do something does NOT mean one MUST or even SHOULD do it.

I think you filed it in exactly the right forum.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 2:40am
post #4 of 26

eeeew!

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 2:43am
post #5 of 26

I want to try it.  If I have some time I will!  

VKakes11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VKakes11 Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 3:28am
post #6 of 26

That's a bit different - at first I thought the cherry pie was ham...not too sure why, but it still doesn't look too pleasant...makes me a little curious though...

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 3:35am
post #7 of 26

Seems to me I heard about this pie/cake last yr but I have never nor will I ever even consider making one.

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 4:49pm
post #8 of 26

AIt just doesn't sound very appetizing.

"Would you like a slice of cherpumple?"

"Why no sir I would not like to eat an oompa loompa for dessert!"

nicunurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicunurse Posted 18 Nov 2012 , 12:16am
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklekat6 

It just doesn't sound very appetizing.
"Would you like a slice of cherpumple?"
"Why no sir I would not like to eat an oompa loompa for dessert!"

LMAO!!!

Niserise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niserise Posted 11 Dec 2012 , 8:07am
post #10 of 26

The thing you're missing is that this type of cake/pie was created by Charles Phoenix.  He is the most creative, happiest, silliest man I've ever met, and if you ever get a chance to meet him in person, or get to see one of his slide shows, you'll think so too. 

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 11 Dec 2012 , 12:45pm
post #11 of 26

Not sure I understand the sense in this.  Wouldn't the pasty go soggy?  Looks like a waste of both good pies and good cake to me.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 4:57pm
post #12 of 26

Umm, besides the other obvious problems of the flavor combos, texture combos, and giant mess if it went wrong (wronger?) either your piece on a plate would be too much to eat (if edible) or it would be too skinny to serve. That's a big @$$ caketype thing!

tykesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tykesmommy Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 4:14am
post #13 of 26

AIt looks weird and oozy, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind trying it. Hopefully it tastes better than it looks... *shudder*

feelnewblogpres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feelnewblogpres Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 8:34am
post #14 of 26

There is no such thing as perfect a parent. You always have new things to learn, to improve skills, and new options to try. Because you want the best for your children, a quick tip should always be welcome. Useful tips that are in this article can help you manage your daily life is one of the problems of parents so that you can start to be a better parent. Toddlers should not be given any type of soda. Do not give your child drinks that provide nutrients and vitamins. Milk, water and juice are excellent examples of drinks that are good to offer your child. When you teach your children to focus on the communication of the right way of doing things rather than focus on the undesirable behaviors. Constantly by imposing restrictions on your children may lead to wild and rebellious. By focusing on the things that they are allowed to do so, give you the child the meaning where they have a lot of freedom and control. When you are dealing with a difficult child behaviour, always use positive reinforcement. Do not forget that some children may have emotional problems and are unable to communicate their thoughts and feelings. One of the best ways to help is to show them how they can express themselves properly.

Annabakescakes Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 5:57pm
post #15 of 26

AI have a pumpkin cake I make that is amazing, tastes like pumpkin pie, might be good with a pumpkin pie baked in :-)

tykesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tykesmommy Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 9:12pm
post #16 of 26

A

Original message sent by feelnewblogpres

There is no such thing as perfect a parent. You always have new things to learn, to improve skills, and new options to try. Because you want the best for your children, a quick tip should always be welcome. Useful tips that are in this article can help you manage your daily life is one of the problems of parents so that you can start to be a better parent. Toddlers should not be given any type of soda. Do not give your child drinks that provide nutrients and vitamins. Milk, water and juice are excellent examples of drinks that are good to offer your child. When you teach your children to focus on the communication of the right way of doing things rather than focus on the undesirable behaviors. Constantly by imposing restrictions on your children may lead to wild and rebellious. By focusing on the things that they are allowed to do so, give you the child the meaning where they have a lot of freedom and control. When you are dealing with a difficult child behaviour, always use positive reinforcement. Do not forget that some children may have emotional problems and are unable to communicate their thoughts and feelings. One of the best ways to help is to show them how they can express themselves properly.

I'm sorry, but have I missed something? I thought this was about cherplumpiwhatever?

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 23 Dec 2012 , 10:46pm
post #17 of 26

A pre-baked shop bought pie encased in a box mixed cake, mmmmmmm deeeeelicious.

SwtCanuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwtCanuck Posted 28 Dec 2012 , 12:21am
post #18 of 26

So for Christmas this year I had set in my mind to make a Cherpumple. I made my own pies. Layers the cherry in chocolate cake, the apple in vanilla cake and the pumpkin in spice cake. Besides a few hiccupcs of too much batter in the first cake and a longer baking time, it turned out pretty good. It was huge and even with very thin slices no one was able to finish a slice but everyone loved it! If I were to ever make this again I would use tarts and make a smaller version.

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 4 Jan 2013 , 12:58am
post #19 of 26

SwtCanuck,

The Cherpumple you made looks pretty cool. I heard about those a few months ago, but was afraid to try it, thinking I might waste a lot of ingredients if no one would eat it. I like your idea of using tarts and making a smaller version. I think I might just try it sometime. It just seems fun!

inspireddecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspireddecorator Posted 6 Jan 2013 , 4:24am
post #20 of 26

AI've made an apple in a white cake. Kids thought it was good. I made my apple pie the day prior and let it sit in the fridge overnight. I put batter on the bottom of the pan and around the sides only, I found the batter does not bake on top, so I leave it off.

Jezy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jezy Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 10:52pm
post #21 of 26

Not as disturbing as the "piñata cake" icon_confused.gif

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 10:54pm
post #22 of 26

Perfect dessert if the main course is a turducken.

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 11:27pm
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbquikcomjamesl 

Perfect dessert if the main course is a turducken.

I don't want to eat anything that starts with "turd".

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 8:16am
post #24 of 26

A*snork*

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 7:26pm
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes  I don't want to eat anything that starts with "turd".

Not a very appetizing name, I'll agree. And I don't find it especially appetizing even knowing that a Turducken is a boneless chicken stuffed inside a boneless duck, stuffed inside a turkey.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 5:01pm
post #26 of 26

Why not just use those pies flavors for a filling.  Like Cherry filling, pumpkin creamcheese filling, etc.  I don't think it would be appealing to guest as a cake otherwise.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%