Cake Boards... Where To Buy?

Decorating By MoniCakes7818 Updated 16 Nov 2012 , 3:52pm by ddaigle

MoniCakes7818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoniCakes7818 Posted 15 Nov 2012 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 7

Hi I know there was a thread about this becuase i read it but I can't find it now. I'm sorry if I'm duplicating things......

So I wanted to get a little stock in cake boards. I compared prices with brpbox and paper mart. I've used brpbox before their boxes are superb and they have an amazing color. I've never bought boards from them though. Even though their prices are good paper mart offers 2x's the amount of boards for almost the same price. Has anyone ever bought from there? If so what has been your experience.

I'm all about saving money but not when it comes to quality.

any input would help me out a lot.

thank you in advance icon_biggrin.gif

-Monica

6 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 15 Nov 2012 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 7

I get my boards from BRP.   I looked at Paper Mart but I could only see that they have quarter, half & full sheet boards.    Their quarter sheet board is $2.39 ea.   I pay .89 each from BRP.   I must buy 50 but I don't mind.   Paper Mart's half sheet boards are $4.40 each.  That's insane.   My local party store is cheaper, but again, I get from BRP for $1.30 each.   I love, love BRP boards.  You just have to be preapred to buy in lots of 50. 

MoniCakes7818 Posted 15 Nov 2012 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle 

I get my boards from BRP.   I looked at Paper Mart but I could only see that they have quarter, half & full sheet boards.    Their quarter sheet board is $2.39 ea.   I pay .89 each from BRP.   I must buy 50 but I don't mind.   Paper Mart's half sheet boards are $4.40 each.  That's insane.   My local party store is cheaper, but again, I get from BRP for $1.30 each.   I love, love BRP boards.  You just have to be preapred to buy in lots of 50. 

thank you. Yes i noticed that everything was in bundles of 50 which i don't mind I know I'll use them eventually. i have a feeling that paper mart has a cheaper quality. I don't know I could be completely wrong.

but i'm not getting that pricing that you mentioned I show 1/2 sheets at .47 cents each and 1/4 .24 cents each but they are in lots of 100.

ddaigle Posted 15 Nov 2012 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 7

Oh ok....i must have not looked at the right column.   Those are good prices but do they offer all sizes?    I couldn't find all sizes. 

MoniCakes7818 Posted 15 Nov 2012 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle 

Oh ok....i must have not looked at the right column.   Those are good prices but do they offer all sizes?    I couldn't find all sizes. 

From what I can see the offer from 6" -14" round and 1/4 1/2 12" square and full

ddaigle Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 7

Gosh....I need to look around that website.    Are they the nice quality?

ddaigle Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 3:52pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Moni.......Ok....I looked around some more.    Their 10" round is .43 ea (lots of 100).     I get my 10" round for .39 and only have to buy 50 (from BRP).   I haven't found anyone to beat P&H (cakedeco) for drums (lots of 6) or BRP for regular boards.   But I always still look for someone to beat their prices.  I also like the silver foil boards from BRP & cakedeco.   I'm not a fan of the metallic scalloped ones. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%