Egg Free Cake

Baking By MJbakes Updated 19 Nov 2012 , 2:00am by louanne

MJbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJbakes Posted 14 Nov 2012 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone! Its been awhile since I've been on here! I've been so busy with my son starting school this year and work! But anyways, my son's birthday is in February and I'm always the one to starting planning way in advance. I was so excited to beable to bake little cupcakes and send them to school with him on his bday, BUT, he has a friend in his class who has an anaphylaxis alergy to egg. So I'm wondering if any of you lovely cakers out there have an egg free (and nut free) cake/cupcake recipe they would like to share? 

I would like to send him with cupcakes to school on his bday, and make a cake for his at home birthday. 

Thanks in advance everyone!!

5 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 14 Nov 2012 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 6

ACherrybrook Kitchen makes egg-free/nut-free cake mixes and frosting: http://www.cherrybrookkitchen.com/

As long as your pans and utensils are non-porous and you sanitize them carefully you should be OK. You'll also need to confirm that all the ingredients you use have not been cross-contaminated with eggs or nuts.

Cupcake53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcake53 Posted 14 Nov 2012 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 6

There are a ton of egg substitutes for baking, especially cakes. I use them mainly when I am out of eggs. I rarely get egg-free orders. My favorites are applesauce or 1/4 cup of plain or vanilla yogurt. You can easily search the internet for a list. But as Jason mentioned, to be truly egg-free, be sure all of your other ingredients are egg-free and sanitize all of your equipment and work area before starting.

MJbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJbakes Posted 15 Nov 2012 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for all the tips guys!

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 7:40am
post #5 of 6

I've made this cake many, many times and its always moist and fail free! And there is a link for cupcakes version in the recipe page :)

http://cakecentral.com/a/wacky-cake-2

Enjoy!

louanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louanne Posted 19 Nov 2012 , 2:00am
post #6 of 6

Something that works for most ( not al but most) recipes you find, including box mixes, is to mix 3 TBLs of cornstarch with a couple of tsp of oil ( just to make a paste) do one set for each egg you would use,  I also add about 1/4 cup of soda ( any flavor), don't know why just do seems to help it rise properly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%