Funny Cake For 65 Year Old Women

Decorating By krystin888 Updated 13 Nov 2012 , 5:20pm by Apti

krystin888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystin888 Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 5

My neighbor called me this morning and ask me if I can make a cake for her mother in law's 65th birthday.  All she said was to do something funny.  I have no ideas and don't even know what her mother in law is interested in.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 replies
Doritta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doritta Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 5

I don´t know if something like that works but I really like this cake, i saw it here on CC, it was for an 50th but I´m sure that works perfect for a 65th birthday  , but I thing that you should ask more about that lady so She     would´nt get ofended    http://pinterest.com/pin/377598749977008258/   thumbs_up.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 5

Humor is very subjective - I think the depends cake is hilarious, but for my mother-in-law who actually has to wear them due to a chronic condition, it would be awful. I also love the humor of that hallmark character, "Maxine" for an older woman, she has some funny lines. Whatever you choose, just be sure to run it by your neighbor first to make sure you're on the same page.

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 5

You could try something similar to this cake, make an old lady on her seat or in a bed, teeth in a glass on the side, a few of her fav things about the sofa/bed? That would go down well I recon :)

This was a great fun little 8x4 inch sofa cake. Since the figures would make up such a big part of a slice I used 100% modelling choc so that they tasted good :) The story is that Dad falls asleep eating his peanuts and the dog waits by the chair to lick the salt off his fingers when his arm flops down!

Or Click here

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 5:20pm
post #5 of 5

I'm with the others, you MUST get more information from your neighbor about what her MIL thinks is "funny".  Good luck, and Welcome to the Forum!  Please show us a photo when you get the cake done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%