My First Beer Bottle Cake...

Sugar Work By pghritchie Updated 13 Nov 2012 , 2:38pm by pghritchie

pghritchie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pghritchie Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 3

This was my very first attempt at a beer bottle cake.  Broke 4 bottles along the way before I got it perfect, but now I can knock them out one right after the other!  I didn't color the sugar mixture after all because I wanted the bottles to be clear at the top and look like they actually had beer in them so I just painted them beer colored!  It was perfect!  We had the party at a bar and the bartender actually came over to try to grab one of them out of the cake!  Luckily, my guard dogs yelled...."NO!  That's food!!!"

He thought the whole thing was real!  Later he told us that the beer companies sometimes send in little promotional items that are plastic replicas and he thought it was one of those!  I even had people from the other side of the bar coming over to take pics of the cake....and yes, I drummed up a TON of business with this thing!

Birthday boy was totally pleased....and I was very proud of my first effort!

45th Birthday Barrel of Beer

2 replies
SadEyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SadEyes Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 3

Did you make your own mold or buy one? If bought, would you please tell me where as I would like to purchase one. I have been making my own molds but think I am ready to purchase one now. thanks

pghritchie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pghritchie Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 3

Nope....I made mine.  But I think I might eventually buy a 2-piece mold.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%