Crazy Cake.week

Decorating By justpracticecakes Updated 11 Nov 2012 , 1:53pm by venuscakes

justpracticecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justpracticecakes Posted 10 Nov 2012 , 12:58pm
post #1 of 4

ANo question here . Just a vent. Most weeks i have one or two cake orders and on the ones i dont i make a practice cake. I really need to work on my stacking. But this week between now and next sunday i have seven orders. Maybe i need to lean to say no. If i make it through this week it will be a miracle.

3 replies
justpracticecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justpracticecakes Posted 11 Nov 2012 , 12:37am
post #2 of 4

AThank you !!!!!! I need to remember this is supose to be something i enjoy. I go for weeks with no orders at all then all of the sudden seven cakes. My daughter in law has offered to help . I am very thankful for her.

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 11 Nov 2012 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 4

good planning will get you through. I also started taking more orders and in the beginning it was so daunting, now 7-8 cake week is the same as a 3 cake week icon_biggrin.gif

I find that making a list and setting out the work on each cake makes it so much easier. I then see what jobs can be combined, like making the same filling etc. I also see if there is anything that can be done ahead, colouring fondant ect. Then I make a detailed list of everything that must be done every day and make sure that I stick to my time schedule.

You can do it thumbs_up.gif

venuscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venuscakes Posted 11 Nov 2012 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 4

When I started my business I was so keen to get orders that I rarely said no and the orders I had very quickly became a chore and a burden rather that an enjoyable (albeit hard work) experience.

you have to know your what you can can manage through planning so that you know what your work week holds and what you can take on. Also be comfortable with saying no if your plan has no more room for another order.

hope this helps

Amanda xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%