Aargh! What A "butterfingers" I Am!

Decorating By Spuddysmom Updated 9 Nov 2012 , 5:24pm by schmipsy

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 7

Sniff sniff.... just a rant about myself; sigh... Been waiting for YEARS to finally make the decision to get an edible image system. After finishing my research and finally saving enough money, the canon printer I want is on sale this week at Best Buy. I purchased it, turning down the offer of an extended warranty (didn't have the extra $), went to put it in my trunk and it just sort of flipped through the air like a big ol' square-ish high diver and belly flopped on the cement.icon_eek.gificon_cry.gif.. There is a huge weird dent in the box and i don't have the edible ink cartridges yet so I don't know if I should even try to start it.... of all the cakes I've delivered without even a smoosh..sigh, again... Okay, that's it, had to vent.... Thanks.

6 replies
Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 7

It could still work??  Those boxes usually have a ton of padding!!!!!

Spuddysmom Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklekat6 

It could still work??  Those boxes usually have a ton of padding!!!!!

So do I.

Hmmm, good point though, guess I'll open it up and plug it in and see what happens (or doesn't happen). At least at this point it doesn't sound all rattle-y.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 2:48am
post #4 of 7

If you paid with a credit card (or some debit cards, too), you may have an extended warranty benefit that you can use to get reimbursed.  It's a free program with a lot of the popular cards.

Rae

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 3:30am
post #5 of 7

Sometimes you can tell store where you bought it what happened and they will give you another one...rare, but once in awhile it happens.  Good luck!  icon_sad.gif

Spuddysmom Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif Yay! Hooray! I opened the poor dented box and thanks to an unbelievably thorough packing job (I will never again moan about the overuse of packing materials)...it worked when I plugged it in! Not a scratch/dent/chip or rattle - way to go Canon! thanks for the sympathy and may all of your butterfinger moments end as happily as mine.

schmipsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schmipsy Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 5:24pm
post #7 of 7

Yay!  Glad it works for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%