Iwata Ninja Air Brush System

Decorating By mmmcake0072 Updated 8 Nov 2012 , 3:40pm by ibmoser

mmmcake0072 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmcake0072 Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 2

Hi all, just wondering if anyone could tell me why my air brush splurts out the dye every once in a while.  I can be doing a lovely continuous spray and then all of a sudden there are a few "splurts" (you can hear it and see the dobs of dye on the cake itself).  Can anyone help me....new to the whole air brush concept....totally love it, however starting to feel that for the price that I payed it should not "splurt" but more than likely it is something that I am doing wrong.

1 reply
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 2

I'm no expert, but I'll make a guess.  I'm not familiar with the Ninja setup, but I have an Iwata airbrush and love it.  Is there a moisture trap in your system?  If not, that is probably your problem.  Moisture builds up in the line and will cause intermittent spitting like you describe.  Traps are readily available for any system.  If you do have a trap, then maybe very small clogs are forming somewhere in the mixing process.  Are you using colors made for airbrushing?  Do you clean your gun well after every use?   There are some airbrush wizards here - maybe one will chime in......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%