Uh Oh..."broken" Dipple In Sps Plate! Ideas??

Decorating By bbsmom Updated 8 Nov 2012 , 5:01am by bbsmom

bbsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbsmom Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 2:26am
post #1 of 6

So, I ordered everything & put away for safety until now-getting ready to start torting & crumbcoat cakes but...the 1 SPS plate I really need (and only ordered 1 of) the dimple is lying sideward and not up!? Any thoughts as to a quick fix? How drastic (& sturdy)would it be if I file off the bent part? Should I go to dowels? Of course I need the cake for Friday, so reordering is not possible answer. This is for the middle layer-12" square-and the closest thing I have is 8" roundicon_cry.gif. Anyone have a thought or two?

5 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 4:32am
post #2 of 6

Can we have a photo? I have no idea what it looks like.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 4:56am
post #3 of 6

AYou're talking about the peg right? I don't know what a dimple is. It sounds like you got one of the really old plates. The new ones are much sturderier. Anyway I would use it as is but stack onsite. The peg J's whet prevents sideways movement.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 4:59am
post #4 of 6

AUgh darn mobile keyboard

bbsmom Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 4:59am
post #5 of 6

Didn't think to take one :( but it was the dimple or "pin" that is in the middle of the SPS plate that holds the cake. And for others..I took my blow dryer, started on high but changed to med heat, and using the flat side of a knife, I was able to heat it enough to straighten it out. It's not perfect but pretty close! Amazing what resolutions a glass of wine produceicon_lol.gif!

bbsmom Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 5:01am
post #6 of 6

Thanks Jenn and Leah! I guess I got lucky as it didn't break! Think I will take your advice and stack on site to be sure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%