Ice Chest Grooms Cake

Decorating By tami517a

tami517a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tami517a Posted 30 Oct 2012 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 1

I am making an ice chest grooms cake with fish and cans of bud light inside and I hope some more experienced decorators can answer a few questions. I have done a ton of google and cake central searches and am testing different methods right now. The wedding is in 2 weeks.

The bottom half will be a cake dummy which I have never used before. Any tips or advice on getting that to work would be great. How do I get the fondant to stick to the styrofoam? I'm worried that the join between the cake and dummy will show. Would it be better to try to use one big piece of fondant to cover the whole thing or panels around the sides with another piece on top?

I have worked out how to make the cans (rkt covered with fondant with a molded silver top) but I am still trying to get the label right. I was thinking of using a white sugar sheet to cut out the logo but I don't like how the letters stand out. Then I though it might be better to try to stencil it on but the color keeps running under the edges. Any tips on getting the bud light blue color and making it look more like shiny metal?

Thanks!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%