Carving 3D Cakes

Decorating By Tesha530 Updated 20 Nov 2012 , 10:24am by angelgaby1243

Tesha530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tesha530 Posted 29 Oct 2012 , 2:22am
post #1 of 2

Hi I want to practice sculpting 3d cakes, but I don't want to waste a lot of cake or rice crispy treats while doing it. PLEASE! Are there any suggestions?!!! :roll

Also has anyone made a 3d panther cake? I would like to surprise my son's football team with a cake and thought it would ne cool to have a full sized panther cake as this is their mascot. As you can see I have great ambitions, lol. All help and suggestions are welcome. THANKS!!!

1 reply
angelgaby1243 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelgaby1243 Posted 20 Nov 2012 , 10:24am
post #2 of 2

AI have no idea on how to carve cakes. But I made a car cake not too long ago and as I researched the carving cake thing, I always saw templates for different pieces involved, and also having proper measurements to the scale of cake you want to design. I'm sure if you practice with rice crispy treats you can carve and then reheat slightly they will come together and become reusable for more practicing. Now about the panther, something clicked in my head that I just saw a tutorial on here on how to use pvc structuring for a sculpted cake, I'm sure if you google something could come up. well best of luck! :grin:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%