Amazing Wedding Cakes

Lounge By Relznik Updated 30 Oct 2012 , 8:44am by Relznik

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 28 Oct 2012 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 3

So, I've recently started watching Amazing Wedding Cakes which is now shown in the UK.

I won't name names, but one or two of the cake companies featured are most definitely better than others! icon_wink.gif

I'm sure I heard that The Cake Girls aren't in business any more??

Anyway, I wondered what sort of prices some of these cakes are? For example, Christopher Garrens ... he does some HUGE, detailed wedding cakes.

Are they in the same sort of price band as, say, Ace of Cakes (someone told me his minimum order value is $1000 and that's not for one of the big, complicated ones!)???

I just wondered... I'm not nosy - just inquisitive! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

2 replies
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 28 Oct 2012 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 3

Well 1st, that show is out dated. Many featured on there aren't even in business anymore, especially if you are watching 1st series. Cakegirls no longer sell cake - their new venture is to re-sell craft stuff which is too bad - I can buy cake crap anywhere, but they had a signature style to their cakes that people are STILL copying years later (including me).

Can't answer pricing questions, each is located in a completely different area. I think Cake Alchemy and Christopher Garren's is in the higher pricepoint befitting the high quality of work, Merci Beaucoup probably mid-level. Gateaux is probably also in the high pricepoint for the area they live in.

Still fun to watch though!

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 30 Oct 2012 , 8:44am
post #3 of 3

Thanks, FromScratchSF.

I don't think it's the first series....  They're not featuring Cake Divas now but are showing Merci Beaucoup.  Also, Cake Atelier is now Cake Alchemy.  icon_smile.gif

I love watching these programmes, but the staged "emergencies" drive me nuts!!!  (not just this programme... they're all as guilty as each other!)  Also, they give the impression that a customer comes in for the first consult about 3 days before their wedding.  REALLY?  I'd bet my bottom dollar that they're booked up the best part of a year ahead of time (if not longer!).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%