Pouring Fondant In The Uk?

Decorating By PurpleGiraffe Updated 27 Oct 2012 , 10:41pm by LisaPeps

PurpleGiraffe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurpleGiraffe Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 8

Does anybody know if there's anywhere in the UK I can order some liquid fondant from?
I'm making panda cake pops and I figured the best way to get a good white coating would be to use fondant but covering a cake pop with rolled fondant seems like it'd be far too fiddly to do well?

Or if anybody has any other suggestions that'd be great!

7 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 8

You can spend $$$ for pouring fondant or you can make your own from powdered sugar, corn syrup/glucose and water.

The only secret to using both is to warm to 40C over a hot water bath, and dip at that temperature. The finish is identical for both kinds.

PurpleGiraffe Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingIrene

You can spend $$$ for pouring fondant or you can make your own from powdered sugar, corn syrup/glucose and water.

The only secret to using both is to warm to 40C over a hot water bath, and dip at that temperature. The finish is identical for both kinds.

Great, I'll definitely give that a go. Thanks!

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 8

When you make your own pouring fondant, add only 3/4 of the water and heat until the mixture is at 40C. Then add water dropwise to make the desired consistency.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 8

Is there a reason you don't want to use chocolate coating? That's what most cake pop makers use.

PurpleGiraffe Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 10:20pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaulir

Is there a reason you don't want to use chocolate coating? That's what most cake pop makers use.

I normally use a chocolate coating when making cake pops, but I want to get it as white as possible and I don't think I could achieve that with chocolate.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 10:41pm
post #7 of 8

Duplicate post

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 10:41pm
post #8 of 8

You can buy merkens super white candy coating from the cake decorating company in the UK, they are bright white.

Or you can use white powder colours to make white chocolate whiter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%