Should I Re-Visit Buying A Cricut Machine?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 28 Oct 2012 , 2:27pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 9

Hi All,

I bought a cricut about 3-4 years ago when the fad was hot..Tried it a few times and of course it didn't work the way I wanted it too..I am not a patient person... icon_rolleyes.gif and I quickly sold it on Kijiji...I am seeing all these wonderful cakes made with all these scrolls and patterns and am thinking again ...Maybe I should try it again...

Can anyone give me honest and realistic reasons as to why or why not I should try it again...Is it even popular out there now?

Laurel icon_wink.gif

8 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 9

I never get a request for a cake that would use cricut patterns. I have one that sits in a corner and gathers dust. I suggest ths instead:
LL

Brettley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brettley Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 9

I want to know too! I am tossing the idea around as well, and would love to hear peoples opinions.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 9

Ditto Coustumeczar

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 9

Mines gathering dust at the moment... I wouldn't even consider the idea now you can't get sure cuts a lot or make the cut software. They're junk!
If you really want a cutting machine, you should have a look at Linda McClure's silhouette machine. At least with that machine you can buy the software and have the freedom of creating your own designs.

gbbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gbbaker Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 10:59pm
post #6 of 9

I have used mine with sure cuts a lot(can't do that now). Maybe once every few months ,but I also use mine for paper, I have liked it when I needed to use it, for small things I still use my exacto knife.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 9

LOVE my silhouette! I got the package set from Linda.

I will say there isn't a huge call for it, but I sure love it when I need it.

I will also say that it is great on its own but even better in combo with my edible printer. I am able to print things then cut them.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Oct 2012 , 12:15am
post #8 of 9

I just don't think it's worth the investment in terms of how often you'll probably use it.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Oct 2012 , 2:27pm
post #9 of 9

Ha!Ha! I cracked up of the picture of an exacto knife..I have several of these....LOL
I think you ladies have answered my question and the answer is I don't need one!!

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%