?about Bc W/durable 3D Recipe &/or Fromscratchsf White C

Baking By cs_confections

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 24 Oct 2012 , 9:58am
post #1 of 1

Hi everyone! Long time, no see! Have been on a cake hiatus for about a year due to health and will be making a topsy turvy next week for my Aunt's surprise 50th birthday party. We have family flying in and I really don't want a cake mishap and need some help.

When I made my last cake (my first topsy turvy), it was around the time Betty Crocker was first changing their sizes and I used the original size with the Durable for 3D recipe on this site. It work beautifully. Has anyone used the new BC with that recipe and was it okay? Did you use the box and follow the 3D recipe as originally written? Did you alter the recipe? Did you add from another box to make it the same weight?

OR

This whole box thing is making me frustrated. I mostly bake from scratch (brownies, bars, cookies, cakes I'm not decorating) but always used doctored recipes when decorating to help save time on my feet since I was struggling with back issues. I like what I've read about this recipe (http://fromscratchsf.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/white-cake-part-3-with-recipe/) but can't tell if it will hold up well to carving. Don't want my topsy turvy to collapse! Has anyone used this recipe with success for carving and being covered in fondant? If it's not great for that, what's another recipe that may be ideal?

Thanks for any help you can give! (please excuse any typos or incomplete thoughts - between pain meds and lack of sleep, sometimes even I have no clue what I was trying to say!)

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%