Chocolate Oozing Cake

Decorating By titinesey Updated 25 Oct 2012 , 2:00pm by BakingIrene

titinesey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
titinesey Posted 21 Oct 2012 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 4

heya... i wana make a chocolate cake for halloween and have a filling in the middle where a strawberry flavour oozing runs out when you cut it (so it can have a blood effect) i dnt know how to do that. bare in mind the cake won't be served warm... ANY IDEAS??? i have searched online how hours.... help icon_sad.gif

3 replies
C4ssandraa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
C4ssandraa Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 7:09am
post #2 of 4

I would pipe alot of Raspberry/Strawberry filling in the cake, And make the filling slightly more runny then usual.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 7:42am
post #3 of 4

Bake your 2 layers of cake making the bottom one a bit taller. Hollow out the bottom layer of the cake, leaving only a 1-inch-thick "wall" on the bottom and sides. Put this layer on it's serving board/plate/platter.
Make your strawberry filling a bit more runny than usual and pour it into the hollowed-out bottom layer of the cake.
Rest the top layer of the cake on the bottom layer, completely covering the strawberry filling. Frost and decorate as usual.
When your cake gets cut, the filling will ooze out.
Good Luck!

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 4

If you don't make a tunnel, carve some holes with a spoon.

Chill the cake before you start. Then it will hold the runny filling better. Keep the cake chilled to keep it in shape, but let it come to room temperature for serving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%