Craftsy Is On Fire!

Decorating By vgcea Updated 18 Oct 2012 , 4:48am by Rosie2

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 11

I'm loving all these new classes that are cropping up. JJR is still my #1 instructor though icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
debm1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debm1 Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 11

The craftsy classes are great! Sometimes I am relieved that I had figured something out the right way on my own... and then sometimes I learn a whole other way of doing something that might actually save me time in the future... Then there are some new things that I am just so glad to learn. For all of us "learning hands on" folks, these craftsy classes are great! AND... the teachers are top shelf!
Thanks, Craftsy!

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 11

I have subscribed to several of the classes. Just saw the Bejeweled and the Piece of Cake and was trying to decide which one to order. Now I see they have an orchid class. Decisions, decisions, but I bet the orchid class will win the first go around.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 1:54am
post #4 of 11

I think I've taken them all. Didn't know about the orchid class. WOW, thanks. Love Colette, JJR, Marina Sousa and one other I can't remember but it was a wonderful class. Thank Goodness for Craftsy. Gives you the wings to fly.

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 2:52am
post #5 of 11

I ordered 2 classes and loved them both. I want the other class with Marina and the one with Laurent Kitchens. And love hoe they have sales on the classes! Can't wait to see who they bring on board next.

Heather_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heather_bakes Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 4:05am
post #6 of 11

I just purchased one of the classes and I am only part way through. It has been great so far and I learned a few great things icon_smile.gif Microwaving and refrigerating gumpaste... who knew??? Lol, well I didn't anyway icon_smile.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 11

I totally L.O.V.E Craftsy!!!!!!!! I've purchased several of their cake decorating classes and I just got City Escapes with Lauren Kitchen, wohooo!!

Not only do they have awesome classes, but their customer service rocks!!! thumbs_up.gif

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 3:13am
post #8 of 11

Another dedicated follower of Craftsy classes here - have found them very handy so far. I hope they continue the fantastic classes!

I have asked for Craftsy classes for Christmas presents this year - cheap and extremely well received!!

Danilou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danilou Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 3:27am
post #9 of 11

What are craftsy classes?...I'm guessing 'online tutorials'

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 3:44am
post #10 of 11

Hi Danilou. Craftsy are online classes. More interactive than the usual tutorial though as you get to ask the teachers questions.

http://www.craftsy.com/classes/cake-decorating

Highly recommended! icon_smile.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 4:48am
post #11 of 11

They are not just tutorials, they are actual hands on classes that you can follow through and do your project.
The best part is that the classes are always accessible and you can stop and rewind if you didn't understand something.
I really like them I hope they bring more!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%